We at Sakya Academy of Higher Education (Pvt.) Ltd (“Sakya”) are committed to respecting your online privacy, and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) you share with us in the course of your use of the Sakya Learning Management System (LMS) (the “Site”).
Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information as well as any other information about that individual.
Our Use of Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from you when you open an Account with us or use our Site. We may use that Personal Information as follows:
- to identify you;
- to establish and maintain a responsible relationship with you;
- to otherwise know you, so that Sakya LMS can better understand your needs and the courses or other products and/or services that you may be in the business of supplying or needing, depending on your circumstances;
- to protect you and Sakya LMS against error and fraud;
- to manage and develop Sakya’s businesses and operations; and
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Sakya may disclose Personal Information that we have collected as follows:
- to a third party who requires such information in order to assist Sakya in its general administration and/or business operations; or
- to a third party who expresses an interest in acquiring some or all Sakya’s business operations; or
- to a third party where such disclosure is required or permitted by law.
- We will never sell, trade or rent your personal identifiable information to others.
Retention and Security Safeguards
retain Personal Information that we have collected only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was provided; and protect Personal Information that we have collected through the use of security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of that Personal Information. However, it is possible that any information transmitted via the Internet may be intercepted by unknown third parties.
For more information regarding Sakya’s Privacy Project, to modify or correct any of your Personal Information or to make a complaint regarding our collection, use, disclosure and/or retention of your Personal Information, please make an inquiry in the Sakya LMS.